Games to Help Your Child's Attention
Pairs/kims game- Click on the link below
Steal the treasure- Click on the link below
Musical ‘get the fidget out’ and go noodle- Click on the link below
Play musical statues, dance to music, action songs like Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes or The Hokey Kokey are great!
Use ‘go noodle’ online for action songs and games.
Push hands together and then do a tug of war with fingers.
Push ups against chair, desk or wall for count of 20.
Go to space/relaxation- Click on the link below.
NB. The text below will assist you when carrying out the game with your child.
Let’s go to space!!
Let’s get spacesuit on first – all children stand up and pretend to put imaginary heavy spacesuit on –
- Let’s put right/left leg inside suit first so child is standing in single leg stance for a few seconds and follow with opposite leg.
- Now pull heavy suit up over body, it’s really tight so let’s pull belly button in while spacesuit comes up over tummy and when putting alternate arms in.
- Now let’s pick up helmet of floor keeping belly button pulled in. Lift arms up over head with helmet and bring arms back down to head level to put the helmet on.
- Let’s now get into rocket. Step into imaginary rocket.
- Children get into squat position in their rocket preparing for take-off, maintain position for short time (5-10 seconds) and then jump up as rocket goes into space.
- Arrived in space – step out of rocket, we are now in space. Try to do a space-walk, it’s easy to float in space so children have to imagine they are walking in heavy sand to keep feet on floor.